Monday, October 20, 2008

Article: Capt. Kevin "KD" Doran on topwater Striped Bass


Capt. Kevin Doran (“KD”) is one of the top guides on the California Delta for Striped Bass and is the renowned pioneer of bringing the Delta Largemouth Bass to the forefront of the fly fishing industry and community. KD has been fishing the Delta for decades and truly knows the intricacies of this highly technical environ. During the fall and winter months, he is incredibly adept at guiding his anglers into topwater grabs from Striped Bass. Even on cold wintery mornings on the Delta, he has an innate ability to locate Stripers that will engulf a surface offering in sub-50 degree water temps - I have experienced it for myself... I am a believer! I have fished with KD many times, and it never ceases to amaze me how much I learn each time I fish with him.

Check out KD’s "Topwater Striper Primer" article at DeltaAdventures.com