Thursday, September 25, 2008

Angling Moments from Lake Mateos

I have been in a quandary for the past 10 months since my first visit to Lake Mateos. I have tried to verbally explain the natural beauty of this lake and have always felt like I was at a loss for words. This is my fourth trip to Lake Mateos and I continue to struggle with finding a way to convey its pure beauty. I have taken countless photographic images of the lake during my visits here and, still, I feel as though I am not fully able to capture and convey the true grandeur and vastness of this remote lake. Angling here is an experience all its own... you truly have to experience it yourself to feel the reverence and appreciation for this natural wonder. Below are a few images in an attempt to convey some of this beauty...
Resting amidst the Sierra Madre Mountains, the lake is surrounded by towering cliffs and lush jungle.

Kevin Doran working topwater in one of many hundreds of coves...

The vastness of Lake Mateos is astounding...

Gin-clear water and abundant structure...

KD working tight quarters at Lake Mateos...

Numerous islands rise from the depths of this vast lake...

Ryan Miller,... running the lake amidst one of many natural monuments towering above the lake...

And,... oh yeah, there are incredible trophy Largemouth Bass that call this gem of a lake "home". Fish On!